Friday, July 06, 2007

DvDetective Work

Over at Golden Age Cartoons, there's a thread about the upcoming Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 5. While the contents won't be officially announced, a poster watched a trailer for the set, and the staggeringly knowledgeable contributors to that site, managed to identify about two dozen of the cartoons we can expect to see on the set (remembering that those promotional trailers are always taken from the cartoons that will be included).

That list is here and suggests that the set will be heavy on fairy-tale cartoons (including the last cartoon produced by the real Warner Brothers cartoon studio, "Senorella and the Glass Huarache") Daffy Duck ("Srap Happy Daffy," "Hollywood Daffy," and some more Bugs-vs.-Daffy cartoons), black-and-white cartoons ("Porky's Preview," which I will be glad to see because it was edited for content when it was included as an extra with a movie) and possibly Bob Clampett ("The Old Grey Hare," "Bacall To Arms").

We will have to wait until later for a full list of cartoons and, with it, the definite knowledge that they left off the one cartoon they absolutely should have included.

3 comments:

Jon88 said...

"The one cartoon they absolutely should have included"? I'm on the edge of my seat here! What? WHAT?

Sean Gaffney said...

I am assuming, it being a fairy tale, that Jaime means Coal Black and De Sebben Dwarfs.

Jaime J. Weinman said...

Well, I don't expect "Coal Black" to be there (I'd be thrilled to be wrong), but I wasn't referring to any specific cartoon; I was just cracking moderately wise about the fact that every cartoon fan, including me, is always disappointed that a favorite cartoon got left off.

It could be any cartoon, depending on which one is your favorite that didn't make it.